So I started my blog back up and have yet to post too much due to being so busy. So, since my last post a lot has happened. I ran the Knoxville Marathon for the third year in a row a PR of over six minutes making my finish time 3:54:00!!! This left me more motivated to train again this summer and fall for another marathon so I am currently looking for a fall race.
I wrapped up my first season of coaching the Tennessee Running Club as an assistant coach. This was such a rewarding experience to be a part of. To see kids who are 18-22 making healthy choices, training in the cold weather, sometimes hard rain this winter and managing to win races and achieve personal bests despite this and insurmountable school work.
I gained several new personal training clients and have helped several lose over 10 pounds within the last few months.
I have been working towards my new year’s resolutions still and have paid off over 1500.00 dollars in debt this year so far.
I have been eating healthy and have some recipes and tips to share soon!
I also went through a break up… So I had met a guy in January and things went so well. The first guy that I really fell head over heels for since my divorce two years ago. Dating has definitely been hard- trying to open up to new people and really make yourself vulnerable. Well I did it and needless to say we didn’t want the same things in the end. I have been handling things okay, but it is disappointing and I am definitely sad about it still. SO….
How does a fit girl deal with a break-up?
- Gets out and goes and runs her favorite trail in the sunshine.
- Meditates at the top of a cliff on her favorite said trail.
- Slams sledgehammer on tractor tire until she is in tears.
- Takes a hot bath.
- Binge watches her favorite movies about independent women- Wild and Million Dollar Baby.
- Eats her favorite Ice Cream.
- Makes a playlist of songs that make her feel happy.
- Wakes up the next day and realizes that she is enough, tough, and can do anything she sets her mind to because she knows her own strength.
- Repeats all steps until she feels better.
So I want to hear from you all! How have you handled break-ups and recovered faster?