This is an easy crockpot recipe that just seems to hit the spot if you are craving something warm and “soupy” while doing whole 30. This is easily going to become a favorite of mine and would be great over white or brown rice if you are not doing a whole 30 or paleo challenge.
I set my crockpot to 10 hours so it would cook overnight and be ready in the morning. Also, I am one of those southern old fashioned cookers where I don’t like to measure anything! It’s actually pretty terrible when people want me to explain, but most of the seasonings you can add how much you want for flavor as long as it’s not over kill!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 cans of coconut cream (I used Trader Joes brand)
- Curry Powder (guessing I used 3 tbsp.)
- Turmeric (2 tbsp)
- Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes (depends on how spicy you want it)
- Cayenne Pepper (just a little)
- 1 Bunch of chopped cilantro
- 2 jalepenos (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 of an onion (diced) – I hate onions so I never use a lot- just enough for flavor
- 1 red or yellow pepper (diced)
- 2 tbsp of arrow root powder (or cornstarch if you are allowed to eat it)
- Chop all the produce, mix together in a large bowl.
- Top veggies with the seasonings.
- Place the six chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot (you could maybe get by with 1-2 more pieces of chicken depending on how large they are it just won’t be as creamy at the end.
- mix the two cans of coconut cream with the veggie/seasoning mixture
- cover the chicken breasts with the cream mixture and cover. I cooked mine overnight for 10 hours. When done- remove the chicken breasts on a plate or cutting board to be shredded. Take the arrow root powder and mix in a small bowl with cold water. Slowly add this to the curry cream to thicken. Whisk continuously while the mixture thickens up. Shred the chicken and return to the crockpot and mix it all back together.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or a sweet potato if you are doing paleo/whole30.
*I portioned mine out in a 2 cup serving size tupperware bowls. It made 7 meals total for myself and what I knew I wouldn’t use for the week went in the freezer for another week. Let me know if you try it!